| luxroots.com |
Genealogy Center of Luxembourg
Conditions for luxroots data use
luxroots.com is a non-profit organization whose volunteers enter daily(7/7) the details of some 600 birth/baptism, marriage and death records. It is an informative hobby, useful for the future, and the details recorded in our database allow future generations valuable help in deciphering handwritten records.
Again and again, we find out that visitors register on our website to do research for third parties and even for commercial purposes. We would like to remind you that our subscription is not intended for such searches.
Our work cannot be abused by people who want to make money on the back of our volunteers and our association.
We want to make our database available to family researchers for their own searches for a subscription at a fairly small price.
Subscription fees are used to finance the luxroots infrastructure, especially in connection with our server which gives the answers to your requests almost within a second.
The price of the luxroots subscription has not been increased for more than 8 years, although the number of births entered has increased from some 400,000 to 1,647,000, that of marriages from 28,000 to 266,000 and that of deaths from 6,000 to 208,000, not to mention the other benefits of this subscription.
In general, our data is not available to feed databases, websites, genealogical works for third parties, which go beyond the genealogical research of the subscriber's family.
1) In case you use our data in your family search, please indicate www.luxroots.com as a source of information.
2) If you make a pedigree or list of descendants from luxroots data exceptionally and free of charge, please invite the recipient of your work to support the luxroots project with a subscription.
3) If you consider a digital publication (website, PDF or other document) or on paper to third parties or the general public without payment, and you used a lot of data consulted on luxroots, we ask you to quote www.luxroots.com as a source of information on one of the first three pages of this publication.
4) The same applies to local publications issued by non-profit association against payment, if the data has been taken from our database. The use of our data for these purposes is subject to an authorization by luxroots.
5) No transmission of our data may be made in favor of notaries, legal and natural persons engaged in the search for heirs.
6) Any use of our data for commercial purposes (search for ancestors, search for heirs, ..) is not allowed without a special contract.
Any additions, modifications, deletions and consultation of information in our database is recorded in a logbook.
It is strictly forbidden to search the luxroots databases under a false identity.
For any additional information, please contact us by message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georges EICHER for luxroots.com asbl on December 15th, 2019
Newsletter May 2015
Newsletter March 2016
Sorry, no message found for this article.
add a further message
|luxroots.club asbl HOME myluxroots SEARCH our associates our subscriptions igenealogy.lu roots.lu luxbooks.lu luxroots.com asbl Contact|
|luxroots.com keeping the past alive|